Tuesday 12 June 2012

Why we should allow the use of internet when testing

I recently had an exam where internet use without communication was allowed, and I must say that I found it very helpful. Even if I didn't use it that much, it was nice to know that I could use it if I wanted to.  On one of the tasks I used a document I had written before with internet use as help. So if internet wasn't allowed, the examiner would probably question why I knew so many random facts.

In real life you have the opportunity to use internet all the time, so it would be logical to allow it on test. When you are working, no one tells you that you can't Google it. The fact that internet was allowed made me very calm, on the exam. Because if we hadn't had internet I would be afraid that we would get questions I couldn't answer.

1 comment:

  1. Good point, and using the internet is so common you hardly think about it. Glad it help you!

    ReplyDelete